Tuesday, February 06, 2007


More on Luke Slater

So Saturday night descended and my smile of expectancy grew, I'd gotten a few friends of mine together who I know appreciate some good music, had a big meal of sushi and medicinal sake, and rocked on down to Studio 80 just after midnight. The crowd was already enjoying themselves, the resident DJ called Mark / aka Recovery Sounds was really laying down a deep carpet of sexy dark techno and I just knew I'd come home. This was the first time I've been in a club since Ibiza last year that I wanted to just motherfucking dance! (Cue song from Jerry Springer the Opera)

Recovery Sounds played a storming set before Luke Slater came on (with a slightly unnerving bottle blond look) laying down his first tracks and taking no prosoners at all. His favourates came out through the course of the evening - Planetary Assault Systems, All Exhale, there was even a minimal mix of Freak Funk. After the first hour there was a bit of a let up and he moved more into his techno pop experimental sound, people took this as a natural break to grab an extra few drinks, get to know those around them, before the tempo picked up again. The rest I can't report on accurately, I left around 0530, feeling like one lucky sated bitch!


No comments: